Sunday, July 1, 2007

Quiet Time with Jello!

So, last night, I decided to make myself some raspberry Jello (with pineapple, of course) and thought that it might be fun to fill some Kongs for the dogs.

Tip#1: Make sure that the small hole is plugged very well. Peanut butter will just not do for this! A soft treat (or two) jammed into the hole works perfectly. A secondary containment of plastic wrap is beneficial, too, just in case the treat pops out).

So, once I got the mess cleaned up from my first Kong-Jello fiasco, I plugged the hole with 2 soft treats. Then, I filled the Kong with the Jello and set it in a bowl and got ready to do the second one.

Tip#2: Make sure that you have a mug or glass handy to prop up the Kong in or the jello will get all over the place when the Kong rolls in the bowl.

Then, after cleaning up the second mess, I propped the re-filled Kong in a coffee mug and set it in the fridge. Since I have 4 dogs, I managed to repeat the whole process (sans messes) 3 times. My Kong-Jello skills by the fourth Kong were much improved!

After my Goat Stew lunch, I decided to take a nap. The dogs each got a raspberry Jello & kibble stuffed Kong. They LOVED them! And, I loved the quiet - disturbed every now and then by a weird slurping Jello noise.

No comments: